Ten Things I’m Thankful For by Kirsten Phillips
Ten things I'm thankful for, in no particular order.
1. Indoor plumbing. We had a clogged pipe and couldn't use our water for one whole day. Plumbing is awesome. Go flush a toilet and praise God!
2. Sleep. I am in a season of life where I consistently get eight-nine hours of sleep a night. It's glorious!
3. My husband. The pastor who married us challenged us to treat every day as a competition to see who can serve the other person more. My husband wins most days.
4. Where I live. I know it's cold here, but we have access to beautiful parks, good schools, and the best tasting water in the state. Go Bloomington!
5. The teachers God has put in my life. God never lets me get too comfortable in my faith. He always puts books and pastors and blogs in my path. They challenge me and make me look at the Bible in new ways and question my assumptions about Jesus.
6. My parents. As I teach my own kids basic life skills I realize, "Wow, I know how to cook, budget, drive a car, hold down a job, brush my teeth, and all of that daily stuff I take for granted, because my parents taught me all of that".
7. My kids. I have two kids that push me to be a better person, because I love them too much to NOT do the best I can for them.
8. My commute. I have a seven-minute drive to work. Go ahead and be jealous of me. It's impossible not to.
9. That I got grabbed. When I was in my early 20’s, God grabbed my attention, turned me around, and convinced me to start walking towards him. I'm so grateful He did that.
10. My small group. They support me, love me, bug me, challenge me, and grow me. If I sent out an email right now saying I needed help, I'd have three to four responses by the end of the day.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT