The Church That Left the Building
By Tim Weber
What an amazing week! I want to tell you that it was SO ENCOURAGING seeing all of you out there loving one another and loving on our neighbors! Seeing your faith expressed in love was powerful! God really came through in answering our prayers! I left Sunday night both exhausted and with my heart filled with joy and gratefulness for our church. There were so many incredible things that happened during the week.
Here's a quick summary of just a few of them....
- Over 350 people participated in MTOC Bloomington
- 5 people (that I know of) came to know the Lord!
- The Gospel was shared with over 150 people. A woman from Southgate will be getting baptized next week.
- We prayed with hundreds of people in our community.
- Hundreds of Gospel seeds were sown.
- 73 people gave blood (46 pints)
- 50,000 meals were packed for the hungry
- A large pick-up load full of food was gathered and donated to VEAP
- 6 large service projects were completed.
- We strengthened our relationship and reputation with the City of Bloomington through our Citizenship class while serving 16 immigrants.
- We loved and served and prayed with dozens of residents at The Estates nursing home.
- Our church came together and unified in a very powerful way! New relationships were developed and friendships deepened.
- The faith of our church grew as individuals stepped out in faith to love and pray with people, serve them, and share the Gospel.
- Lastly, I believe that God radically grew the heart of our church! Both our love for one another and our love for the lost.
It was a blessing to be with and partner with all of you for the sake of the Gospel! Know that Sunday did not mark the end. It was just the beginning! God wants to continue His work in our church and in the communities we each live in. Stay tuned for more to come! And please join me in praying for our church, that God would continue to grow our love for one another and give us a laser-like focus on the Kingdom of God.
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things". (Colossians 3:1-2)
Together with you for Him!